3.18.2011

Babies, Babies, Babies!

Last week, I had the pleasure of two photoshoots with babies. They were so incredible and soft and wiggly and cute. I loved watching them play. Both babies had an older sibling and it was a blessing to see the interaction between the siblings and the babies.

I also had the pleasure of borrowing a few things from Hooked On Adorable- Crocheted Creations by Jenni!
That's little Natalie in the picture. What a cutie! The headband is one of Jenni's creations! She is an incredible talented woman. I interviewed her, because I think what she did is great, and I'd love for you to think she's great too! If you have a baby/toddler, etc or know anyone that does, I would seriously suggest checking into her work. Her creations are just precious!

Here's a little more about Jenni and what she does! Enjoy!

Brittany: How did you get started with this?

Jenni: Growing up my mom would crochet baby blankets to give as gifts and I always wanted to learn, but I just hadn’t taken the time to learn. Once I started seeing all of the adorable hats, baby cocoons, scarves, etc. that people were crocheting I realized that it was so much more than just baby blankets! So, last June my mom taught me the basics and away I went! After I spent most of the summer making a baby blanket I found a pattern for a hat and made it. After I had started posting pictures of what I had made on Facebook people were asking me about purchasing things. I was happy to oblige and I made a few more things. Word spread and more and more people were interested with every new picture I posted, so I decided it was time to make it official and I started a fan page on Facebook and then an Etsy shop.

Brittany: Who taught you to crochet?

Jenni: My mom and youtube :)

Brittany: What is your favorite creation so far?

Jenni: Probably my dinosaur because it is the first pattern I wrote myself. Plus it's so darn adorable and perfect for those newborn pictures!

As a side note, I, Brittany, LOOOOOOOOVE the dinosaur. You better believe when I have kids one day, this will be one of the first things on my list to buy. You can find a picture of it at her website. It is SO cute! The owl is my other person favorite. :) And the monkey... and the ladybug... Ok, all of them I guess....

Brittany: Why would it be an awesome idea to get one of these?

Jenni: My creations make fabulous photo props. They add a little pop to pictures, especially newborn pics! They are also great to keep heads of all sizes warm and toasty in the cooler months.

Brittany : What do you love most about making the hats, etc?

Jenni: I love coming up with new designs and seeing my ideas take shape. It's also a great stress reliever.

Brittany: Anything else you'd like to share?

Jenni: I love to work on new creations. If you have anything in mind I'd love to work together to make your dream a reality!

Here's where you can find Jenni's things!

All of her creations can be found on her facebook page.

Orders can be placed on etsy or via email. If you don't see what you want in her etsy shop please email or facebook her. Not all of her creations have been listed on etsy yet.

Her links:

Facebook: facebook.com/HookedOnAdorable

Etsy: HookedOnAdorable.etsy.com

Blog: HookedOnAdorable.blogspot.com

Email: HookedOnAdorable@hotmail.com

Until next time,

Brittany Long

1 comment:

  1. I gave you a blog award!
    http://thecraftykaity.blogspot.com/2011/03/some-updates.html

    ReplyDelete